Inline racing is one possible route to the Olympic Long Track Team. The U.S. team roster includes nine men and nine women and six have roller sports in their history. But wait, there's more. Five of the six are skating in multiple speed skating Olympic events.
None of the attempts by the roller sports world governing body, the Federation Internationale de Roller Sports (FIRS), to earn Olympic status for inline speed skating or any of its roller sports disciplines have been successful, so many inline racers move from inline to ice for Olympic opportunities that are not available in inline speed skating. Below is the full United States Olympic short track roster. Inline to ice transfer skaters and a former roller skater (Shani Davis) are shown in bold type.
- Ryan Bedford - 10,000m
- Shani Davis - 500m, 1000m 1500m, 5000m, 10,000m
- Tucker Fredricks - 500m
- Brian Hansen - 1500m, team pursuit
- Chad Hedrick - 1000m, 1500m, 5000m, team pursuit
- Jonathan Kuck - Team pursuit
- Trevor Marsicano - 1000m, 1500m, 5000m, team pursuit
- Nick Pearson - 500m, 1000m
- Mitchell Whitmore - 500m
- Rebekah Bradford - 1000m
- Lauren Cholewinski - 500m
- Maria Lamb - 5000m
- Elli Ochowicz - 500m, 1000m
- Catherine Raney - 3000m, team pursuit
- Heather Richardson - 500m, 1000m, 1500m
- Jennifer Rodriguez - 500m, 1000m, 1500m, team pursuit
- Jilleanne Rookard - 1500m, 3000m, 5000m, team pursuit
- Nancy Swider-Peltz Jr. - 3000m, team pursuit
Take pride in the excellent roller sports background training that helped get them on the U.S. Olympic Team.