Advance Your Inline Skating Abilities
Beginners Guide to Inline Skating
Getting started is the biggest step toward becoming an inline skater. A beginner needs motivation, time and equipment. Physical preparation, a safe location to skate and reliable training are also important. These articles are recommended for new and returning skaters of all ages.
- 10 Good Reasons to Start Inline Skating
- Make Inline Skating Part of Your Lifestyle
- Cheap Inline Skate Options for Beginners
- How to Begin Inline Skating
- Inline Skating Training Aids
- Inline Skating Styles and Disciplines
- Inline Skating iPhone Apps
- Android Apps for Inline Skating
Basic Skills 101
All inline skating activities require the same basic skills. Once these basics are acquired, you are ready for skating activities or inline roller sports. Use these articles to discover balance, stance, stopping, striding and other skills that will be the foundation of your skating.
- Basic Skills Are Essential
- How to Fall on Inline Skates
- Balance, Stance and Posture
- Duck Walk on Inline Skates
- How to Fall on Inline Skates
Safety for All Skaters
Skaters must learn how to skate safely on different surfaces, around obstacles, with vehicles, in groups and in various weather conditions. Skaters should also respect the importance of protective gear and dressing for safety while skating. Each skater should use the knowledge in this section.
- Protective Gear is Not Optional
- How to Fall Safely on Inline Skates
- The Art of Falling
- How to Prevent a Fall
- Find a Safe Place to Learn to Skate
Take Skating Lessons
Choosing the right inline skating training program, teacher, instructor or coach is very important. There are many options for group, semi-private and private training in all of the inline sports disciplines. Use these articles to find skating lessons that are appropriate for you or your child's needs.
- What is an inline skating coach?
- Choosing the Right Skating Coach
- Ways to Learn to Inline Skate
- Learn to Skate in Group Classes
- What to expect in a skating class?
- Advantages of Individual Skating and Training
- International Skating Schools
- Skating Schools in North America
- Share Coaching Experiences and Tips
Find Places to Inline Skate
Great inline skating locations are everywhere. There are rural and urban paths and trails, indoor and outdoor rinks, skate parks, and even courts and lots that are suitable for training, fitness and social skating. You will also discover camps, tours, travel opportunities and social skating events that provide fun, challenges and scenic inline skating sites. These articles and reviews will help you find these good places to skate.
- Find Safe Places to Learn to Skate
- Find Inline and Roller Skating Rinks
- Inline Skating Camps for All Ages
- 1000 Great Rail-Trails
- Weekly Social Skating Events
- Inline Skating Tours and Travel
- Reasons to Try Inline Adventure Camps
- Submit a Trail Review
Health and Fitness
Discover that skating provides physical and mental health benefits as long as you meet the strength, nutrition and hydration requirements for healthy inline skating activities. Find out how to prevent and treat inline skating injuries. Learn how to set attainable goals.
- Health & Fitness 101
- Inline Skating Fitness Program
- Inline Skating Injuries 101
- Injury Prevention 101
- The President's Fitness Challenge
- Fitness and Training Equipment for Skaters
- Hydration for Inline Skaters
- Mental Conditioning
- Choosing Realistic Inline Skating Goals
- Plans and Goals for Competitive Inline Skating
Skating and Training with Others
Many enjoy skating alone, but you may find that you will develop as a person and as a recreational or competitive athlete by joining a skating team or club, planning family or friend skating activities or training with a partner. Skating with others has social, fitness, motivational and performance advantages