Explore Inline Skating Sports and Development
- Inline Skating Lifestyles
- Speed and Marathon Sports
- Inline Figure Skating
- Inline Roller Hockey
- Aggressive Inline Sports
- Downhill and Off Road Skating
- Distinguished Athletes and Coaches
- Development of Competitive Events
- Organized Inline Sports
- History of Inline Skating
Inline Skating Lifestyles
Inline skating offers something for everyone. Individuals and families can find social, fitness, and travel activities. Your skates can even become green transportation. Use these articles to fit skating into your lifestyle and discover hwo trends may affect your skating.
- Introduction to Recreational Inline Skating
- Introduction to Inline Fitness Skating
- Pari Roller - World's Biggest Street Skating Event
- Skating Camps for Kids and Teens
- 7 Reasons to Try Inline Adventure Camps
- Camps for Skaters of All Ages
- French Police Wear Inline Skates
- Inline Skates Make Great Transportation
- The Inline Skaters' Disappearing Act
- Charity Events and Fundraisers
- Inline and Roller Sports Jobs and Careers
Speed and Marathon Sports
Skaters of all ages race in speed and long distance events. These contests are held indoors and outdoors and include track, road and marathon disciplines. Use these resources to find rules, profiles, competitions and related background information.
- Introduction to Inline Speed Skating
- Introduction to Inline Marathon Skating
- North American Inline Marathons
- World Marathons Events
- Charity Events and Fundraisers
- U.S. Inline Speedskating Teams and Clubs
- International Racing Teams and Clubs
- Men's Inline Racing Road Speed Records
- Men's Inline Racing Track Speed Records
- Women's Inline Racing Road Speed Records
- Women's Inline Racing Track Speed Records
- USA Outdoor Track Speed Skating Records
- USA Inline Indoor Speed Skating Records
- Inline Speed Skate Companies
Inline Figure Skating
Inline figure skating is a hybrid sport that uses a combination of ice and quad roller skating techniques. Learn about the disciplines included, discover the rules and test structure, and find competitive and show events for inline figure skaters.
- Introduction to Inline Figure Skating
- 2008 World Championship Photo Gallery
- "Open International de Paris 2008" Photo Gallery
- 2007 World Championship Photo Gallery
- "Coupe de Paris 2007" Photo Gallery
- Jean-Pierre Faugère - Inline Figure Coach and Promoter
- Inline Figure Skate Companies
Inline Roller Hockey
Inline hockey is a form of roller hockey that is a lot like ice hockey. Inline hockey is a good recreational team sport or cross-training activity for skaters of all ages.
- Introduction to Inline Hockey Skating
- High School Inline Hockey Leagues
- Inline and Roller Hockey Skate Manufacturers
Aggressive Inline Sports
Aggressive inline sports include vert, street and park stunt skating, urban inline free skating or free riding and freestyle slalom activities. These recreational skating sports are done indoors and outdoors and include competitive activities, too.
- Introduction to Aggressive Inline Skating
- Introduction to Freestyle Slalom Skating
- Introduction to Urban Inline Skating
- Aggressive Inline Skating 101
Downhill and Off Road Skating
Off road, nordic, downhill and other unusual terrain skating styles combine mountain biking, skiing and inline skating into one unusual roller sport group.
- Introduction to Downhill Inline Skating
- Off Road and All Terrain Inline Skating
- Nordic Inline and Cross-Skating
- Inline Kite Skating
Distinguished Athletes and Coaches
There are many contributors to the inline roller sports. Discover the athletes, coaches and officials who work hard to support, develop and participate in inline skating events. Find out how some individuals leave their own mark on our sport.
- Jean-Pierre Faugère - Coach and Promoter
- Susie Jackson - Adult Inline Speed Skating Champion
- Rolaboi - Renegade Skater
Development of Competitive Events
Follow the changes, growth and development of inline competitive sports. Learn when and why some skating disciplines are growing while others are declining. Discover new and emerging inline sports activities.
- Origins of the FIRS Organization
- USA Roller Sports NGB
- Is Citizenship Needed for National Competitors?
- Inline Racers Slide Into the Olympics
- The Olympic Status of Inline Sports
- Meeting IOC Eligibility Criteria
Organized Inline Sports
Joining an organized inline sport has many benefits. Each roller sport has something unique to offer its participants. Choosing your organized sport will require knowledge of the available disciplines and an understanding of their organization and support systems.
- Inline Skating Styles and Disciplines
- Choosing the Right Inline Skating Coach
- International Skating Schools and Workshops
- Inline Skating Event Calendars
History of Inline Skating
Many technological improvements led to the equipment used by skaters today. Skates were refined, skating techniques improved and the number of activities grew. These articles show where inline skating came from and where it is going.