This Easter weekend is also an inline racing holiday. The 23rd International Three Tracks 2009 (Le Trophée des 3 Pistes) is a three-day holiday of inline racing in Southern France that attracts thousands of skaters. The competitive events will be skated on Saturday April 11 at Pibrac; on Sunday, April 12 at Valence d’Agen; and on Monday, April 13 at Gujan-Mestras. Here are some interesting facts about this season's racing holiday:
- Participants will include 162 teams, including 85 French teams.
- There will be about 500 French skaters in events.
- This international race usually attracts 500 foreign skaters including Europeans, Americans, Colombians and more.
- 19 different countries will be represented.
- As many as 10 World Champions skate this event each year.
- There will be 6000 spectators over the course of this 3 day event.