Good coaching or any specialized roller sports training activities takes a very delicate mix of encouraging words and motivational sayings along with the sometimes harsh realities of critiques, corrections and skill development sessions. Each skater may need a slightly different formula to inspire them to achieve depending on their personality, needs and goals, but it takes some of all of these to build a well-balanced athlete.
Practice and Training Sayings
- Practice makes perfect.
- Practice does not make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.
- Practice needs patience.
- Don't count the days, make the days count.
- Don't let any other skater out-train you.
- You get good at what you practice.
- Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
- Success does not rest.
- Speed is the by-product of busting your ass.
- Skate each practice as if it was the most important practice of the year.
- The road to your skating success is always under construction.
- The key to better skating, is skating better.
- The will to win is not nearly so important as the will to prepare to win.
- The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
- The future belongs to those who prepare for it.
We all occasionally use sayings, slogans and buzz words to pump our spirits up, toughen our skins or help elevate our desire to skate hard at the next level. See if some of these tried and true sayings might help put a positive spin on rough training sessions from a skating point of view.